Choosing a vendor for Website Design can be a difficult task to conquer with very few seeing successful results.
As CEO for my own small tech support business, many times people ask me: How’s your website performing?
The truth of the matter is:
“My website has been performing like crap for a number of years.” I used to get like one lead a month, after the panda and penguin changes on google. I tried to do it in-house and outsourcing a few components. I went from one company to the next, and then worked with independent website designers who all did one portion of the job. For a couple of years I used an MSP marketing company. For some time, I was paying out 1500 per month for an outsourced marketing company. Some of the results were “ok” at best- but none that really performed well with consistency.
So here’s the story, I couldn’t find anyone- not even one person or company to take on a website project, or provide SEO services with guaranteed lead generation results. One marketing company made a written guarantee, but when they failed- they didn’t honor the guarantee at all. Almost None of them will.
After the year of 2016 was up, I ended up realizing that I just spent over $20,000 for about 1500.00 worth of results. Pretty difficult to admit it. I won’t mention any companies or names- since I don’t want to throw anyone under the bus. However, if you use a website called waybackmachine.com you may be able to figure it out.
So, in the beginning of 2018 I decided to travel to the Philippines, where there was a company and a few experts who seemed to have a more reasonable cost for providing service, to completely redo my site. And many of them providing information for free. Another difficult find, but I ended up networking with a group who seemed a bit less money hungry than the others.
I networked with a few people and learned some very interesting methods to produce serious results. But, there is no hack for google. Search engine optimization is hard work. And its difficult to find someone who works hard even when you pay them. During the time I was in the Philippines – I figured out how to manage the entire project with remote workers and how each aspect of the website design impacts the SEO results.
So here was the problem, depending which way I went:
- Poor Results
- Too expensive
- No garantuee on services
- slow response time from service providers
- One person you speak with doesn’t seem knowledgeable enough to be sure of what they are speaking about in SEO. A lot of myth.
- Many people will give you information that is either incorrect or not 100% accurate
Here are the results:
- Approximately 400 keywords within around 6 months time
- More MSP and IT support leads than I’ve ever seen
- A new revenue stream for my business and the additional joy of showing others how to grow their rankings on the search engines
- what happens in the philippines stays in the philippines….. But I can give you a few pointers if you want to chat about your SEO
- I could keep going on the keyword count, this but the lead flow is more than enough for our business
Here is proof of the results: